The Pet Blood Bank
The Pet Blood Bank helps veterinarians around the country save pets’ lives by providing transfusion products and training. Pets need transfusions for the same reasons that humans do, including surgery, trauma and disease. The Pet Blood Bank supplies animal blood components for use in these life saving transfusions. The Pet Blood Bank is dedicated to providing the world’s highest quality animal blood products. The Pet Blood Bank is a member of the American Association of Blood Banks (AABB) and the Association of Veterinary Hematology and Transfusion Medicine (AVHTM). The Pet Blood Bank offers a complete line of blood components and transfusion products such as blood bags and administration sets.
Where to Find Heartworm Medication For Your Pets Fast
Our products are obtained primarily from volunteer donors and are manufactured to the highest standards. The Pet Blood Bank’s mission is to help veterinarians save pets’ lives by providing animal blood products for use in life-saving transfusions. At The Pet Blood Bank, we are committed to the following goals:
- To operate in a completely ethical, humane manner for the benefit of pets.
- To increase public awareness of the life saving benefits of animal transfusions and blood banking.
- To provide the world’s highest quality animal blood products, manufacturered to the absolute highest standards.
- To advance veterinary medicine by providing education and training to veterinarians and veterinary technicians.
- To participate in the leading industry organizations to promote the advancement of veterinary transfusion medicine. The Pet Blood Bank is a member of the American Association of Blood Banks (AABB) and the Association of Veterinary Hematology and Transfusion Medicine (AVHTM).
The Pet Blood Bank relies on volunteer in order to be able to provide blood products to dogs around the country that are in need of transfusions. Each donation can help up to four other dogs.
Becoming Aware of the Dangers to Your Pet
- Be healthy and current on vaccinations and heartworm preventatives
- Be between the ages of 1 and 9
- Weigh at least 50 lbs.
- Have a friendly disposition
- Be available to donate at least four times a year
Donation is a simple procedure and does not require anesthesia or sedation. The donation process generally takes 10 – 20 minutes. Dogs do not need to fast before donating. After donating, your dog will be rewarded with treats and belly rubs.
The Pet Blood Bank holds frequent blood drives throughout Central Texas. If your dog would like to be a donor, please contact us. Each donation can help up to four other dogs.